My last cast on of 2010 is my first cast off of 2011. A nice bit of symmetry and it proves that I do have the ability to remain monogamous to one project.
Although, I did start a bib in the middle of making it…
This ruffled hat pattern is based on of this one. Of course, since I have a complete inability to choose a yarn in the same weight as the one in the pattern, much less the yarn pattern calls for, I had to tweak it a bit. I used Silky Malabrigo in Blackberry for the hat and Cape Cod for the flower.
The hat is a bit short, a testament to my impatience, but it fits her well. She’s regularly complimented on her “fancy hat,” so I know it’s as cute in real life as it is in my head. I have plans to make another hat like this, but with the body in the gray and a purple flower. I’m not super crazy about the flower, so I’m going to scout around for a different pattern. If you have a suggestion, I’m all ears.
And this time I’m going to harness my impatience to make the hat about a half-inch longer.