There was another baby shower in Mr. Liu’s department at work last week. (It’s a very fertile group, they average around four a year.) I love the woman who it was thrown for, so I wanted to make her something special. Of course, I waited until the last freaking moment to get her gift together. Again. So I started with something I knew I’d be able o finish:
This is the Newborn Puppy Hat with matching anti-scratch mitts. It was knit up in Cascade Yarns Cash Vero DK in chocolate. It took me longer to attach the ears to the hat than it did to actually knit that hat, so I had plenty of time left to make another little something for Mr. Liu’s coworker. I started with this:
This tetris piece is supposed to be the beginnings of a baby kimono. The pattern is from a knit-a-day calendar I had a couple of years ago. I’m fairly sure I’m knitting it up as directed, but I have no idea if those flaps are the fronts, the sleeves or what. The pattern I have isn’t that detailed. I decided to abandon it in favor of something I had a chance in hell of finishing:
This is a different variation on the 5 hour Baby Sweater. I knit it up in Cascade Yarns Venezia Chunky in violet, the tie is the same in cream. It’s a really cute pattern, very girly. Normally, I would’ve put buttons on it rather than a little crochet chain tie, but I made a hat to go with it and wanted them to look like they went together:
And when I knit up the matching hat I was about halfway through it when I realized I didn’t have enough violet yarn to finish it. Since I had two balls of the same yarn in cream, I frogged back to the last stockinette row and inserted the new color. It didn’t turn out too badly, if I do say so myself. The coworker was very happy with her little hats and sweater, and really that’s what matters.
I am still working on the infant kimono. I want to see if I’m doing it right!